Rascular Technology Ltd – Privacy Notice
Rascular technology’s registered address is 5, The Business Quarter, Eco Park Road, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1FD
The registration number is: 4318718
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, share and use personal information we collect about you as a visitor to our website, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to the Rascular website and products and services that link to or reference this Notice. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
By visiting our website, using certain service offerings, or providing us with your personal information, you consent to the collection, processing, and storage of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information do we collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily:
We may ask you to provide certain information voluntarily, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, title, occupation, login information and marketing preferences. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to inquiries on purchasing or demonstrations of Rascular products and services;
- Providing you with whitepapers, newsletters and marketing collateral;
- Sending you Rascular product-related announcements;
- Registering for or responding to inquiries on training sessions, invites to our stand at tradeshows;
- Enabling software downloads;
- Purchasing any of our products directly from our website;
- Enabling access to the Rascular support website
- Requesting to join our database to receive our newsletter;
- Responding to inquiries on becoming a potential Rascular distributor or technology partner;
- Responding to sales, employment or general inquiries.
Information that we collect automatically:
Our website has an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certification which provides world-class data protection and increases browsing confidence for our visitors and enables us to securely store confidential data using our website. We provide essential security and encryption to protect our login and administrative areas within our site and keep our customers and visitors data safe.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, domain name, device type, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our websites, where they come from, and what content on our websites is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our websites to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies. See “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you if you receive our products or services through one of our third- party resellers or partners
Who does Rascular share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Within Rascular and any of our worldwide distributors and affiliates, third party service providers and partners for purposes of data processing or storage, or for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- To business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide or support a requested service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and payment transactions, operating our websites, marketing campaigns, hosting event or seminar registrations, and providing field service and other customer support activities;
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We use third party companies to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), as a form of data processing, these are:
Sales Force https://www.salesforce.com/uk/
Rascular uses Salesforce which is an online Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) to manage customer sales and support data, tracking sales opportunity data including quotes and email correspondence. Salesforce.com is aware of the GDPR and is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Their certification statement can be found here https://www.salesforce.com/content/dam/web/en_us/www/documents/legal/Privacy/privacy-shield-notice.pdf
Rascular uses Gmail as it’s email system to communicate with you to conduct our business relationship, for example:
To respond to sales enquiries
Book/follow-up on meetings
Gmail treat all data stored confidentially and complies with the Privacy Shield Frameworks. Their certification can be viewed here:
Sage One https://uk.sageone.com/
We use Sage One (which is cloud based) as our accounting system. The Sage One privacy notice can be viewed here http://www.sage.com/company/privacy-notice-and-cookies
Mailchimp : www.mailchimp.com
These technologies allow MailChimp to track whether you have opened or clicked on our emails and if so, the date, time, and IP address associated with the open and/or click. For more information on MailChimp’s use of these technologies, you can read their Cookie Statement. https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Legal basis for processing personal information
We will collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data retention rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. At any time you may ask us for a complete copy of any personal data we hold on you.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the newsletter e-mails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
Data retention for Support customers only
- On our support website we provide access to this data on your profile page. You may request corrections to your personal data if needed and most of these can be made by editing your profile. You can ask us to delete your data. But be aware that in this case we will not be able to provide you with support for our products.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third Party Websites
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to websites operated by third parties. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information collected and stored by third parties. If you choose to visit any of those sites, then the privacy policies of those third-party sites would apply and you should read those policies carefully before you submit any personal information to those sites. We are not responsible for the content, terms and conditions or policies of such third- party websites.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us:
Address: For the attention of: The Data Protection Compliance Officer. Rascular Technology Ltd, 5, The Business Quarter, Eco Park Road, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1FD
Tel: +44 1604 743190
Email: [email protected]
Updated: May 2018